Donald R. Flynn
is the founder and President of Covert Investigations. After graduating from SUNY Brockport with a Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice, Donald followed in his father’s footsteps and joined the New York City Police Department (NYPD).
During his twenty year career with the NYPD, Donald worked nationally and internationally with colleagues from all over the world including The Caribbean, South America and Israel on multi-jurisdictional Narcotics-terrorism investigations. He has worked side by side with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and other national intelligence agencies. Donald retired from the NYPD as a Detective Sergeant and Supervisor.
In 2003, Donald brought his hands-on experience and razor sharp investigative skills to his newly formed company, Covert Investigations. Initially, the company focused on private investigations for the Brooklyn District Attorney’s office. Today, Covert Investigations is a major provider of School Safety and Security consultations and Emergency Management Training for Long Island K-12 and BOCES educational institutions.
Donald is well respected for his expertise and deep experience in School Security and Safety and is frequently called upon to be guest lecturer for many security professional associations including:
• Security trainer for many of Nassau County's largest school districts
• The Board of Cooperating Educational Services (BOCES)/School Safety
• American Society for Industrial Security
• Suffolk County School Superintendents Association
• Donald has also made several appearances on News Channel 12 as a Consultant/Panelist.
All Company employees each possess over 20 years of Emergency Management, Law Enforcement and Education Employment experience. For this reason, we are able to provide an "All Hazards Approach to Preparedness" for our clients. We fully endorse and utilize the recommendations of the New York State Homeland Security System for Schools, United States Department of Homeland Security, United States Department of Education and the National Institute of Justice. We strongly encourage and are facilitators of providing a working relationship with all local First Responders.
Covert Investigations is aggressively committed to the advancement of school security into methodology which is universally and fundamentally practiced on a daily basis, not just when a tragedy occurs.
Dr. Alan B. Groveman
has over 40 years of experience in the education field, most recently as the Superintendent of the Connetquot Central School District of Islip. He has served as an Assistant Superintendent for Business as well as for Personnel and for Curriculum and Instruction. He has a background in Psychology and Special Education, has taught at the graduate level and has consulted with schools and government agencies on a national basis. In addition to his educational career, Dr. Groveman has also served with Fire/Rescue departments including the Huntington Township Tactical Rescue Team, the Suffolk County Urban Search and Rescue Team and worked closely with OEM, the police and other investigative agencies. He is a graduate of the City University of New York and received his Masters and Doctorate from Colombia University. He currently rides with the Commack Fire Department and is a Chief of the Commack Ambulance Corps. He also serves on the Board of Trustees with the Suffolk County Fire Academy.
WE KNOW OUR STUFF
- More than a decade of keeping Long Island Schools Safe
- Security Management of 20,000+ students, 2000+ staff members and over 30 buildings
- 1000+ K-12 staff trained in Emergency Management procedures
- All employess have 20 years or more New York Police Department (NYPD) experience
- NYS Department of Education Fingerprint clearance
- NYS Certified Safety Guard Instructors
- Certified Enhanced NYS Homeland Security Course Instructo
THERE WHENEVER YOU NEED US
- Around the Clock Operation – Weekdays - Weekends - Day - Evenings
- 24/7 Emergency Response available
- Solid working relationships with local law enforcement and First Responders
- Customized Safety and Security solutions to fit each schools' needs
- Personal Service - Local company, convenient access and quick response
- Licensed, Insured, and Bonded